Just prior to the start of the TCT UK 2019 exhibition in Birmingham, UK, Additive Industries has signed an Agency Agreement with two new agents. With the appointment of Benson Machines, a well-established company specializing in precision manufacturing solutions, and CMI Electronics Trading, an experienced aerospace and high tech industrial supplier for industrial metal 3D printing solutions and part printing services, Additive Industries is nearing completion of its global coverage.
Additive Industries continues its steep growth path with another hire in their Sales Team. Lars Ryberg, until recently as a Senior Sales Director responsible for Arcam and Concept Laser in various countries at GE Additive, joins Additive Industries with over 12 years of experience in metal additive manufacturing servicing Aerospace-, Medical implants-, and other industries. Please find the entire press release and the picture of LarsRyberg below:
- Press Release Additive Industries adds metal 3D printing veteran Lars Ryberg to its Sales Team
- Picture of Lars Ryberg, Business Development Director at Additive Industries responsible for UK, Ireland and Nordics
Additive Industries North America, Inc. is proud to announce the purchase of 6 MetalFAB1 systems by a prestigious aerospace company located in California. This firm order validates the Additive Industries’ concept of production-based metal powder bed fusion systems for maximum overall equipment efficiency. When the order for six machines arrives at the customer site later this year, it will bring the installed base of MetalFAB1 systems to 10 with more possible in 2020. This customer was able to consolidate approximately 700 kilograms of powder in the month of June with the 4 laser MetalFAB1 systems currently in operation. The application represents an inflection point in metal powder bed fusion part production where candidate parts were typically limited to fist size volumes to meet ROI calculations. Please find the press release & visuals below:
- Press Release Additive Industries largest aerospace customer expands installed base to 10 before the year-end
- Picture of Shane Collins, General Manager for Additive Industries North America, Inc.
- Visual of the MetalFAB1 system
- Visual of multiple MetalFAB1 systems
APWORKS located at the Airbus headquarters close to Munich was Additive Industries’ first customer and has extensively tested the MetalFAB1 Beta system since its installation in March 2016. The partners have jointly decided to now move to the next phase of industrial additive manufacturing: certification and series production. APWORKS, a 100% subsidiary of Premium AEROTEC and part of Airbus, main focus in Taufkirchen is on development and production of complex and advanced applications for metal additive manufacturing in non-regulated industries such as automotive, robotics or tooling, as well as new material and software development. The collaboration on series production of certified applications for the aerospace industry will be done closer to actual production at the new Additive Industries Process & Application Development Center on the aerospace campus in Filton, close to Bristol.
- Press release APWORKS and Additive Industries advance to series production of certified parts
- Testimonial APWORKS
- Video APWORKS and Additive Industries advance to series production of certified parts (short version of testimonial)
At the opening of the Rapid.Tech - Fabcon Conference on industrial 3D Printing in Erfurt, Additive Industries announced that it has strengthened its Technology Partnership with the F1 team of Alfa Romeo Racing. On behalf of Alfa Romeo Racing, Sauber Engineering, like the F1 team part of the Sauber Group and using the technology, have ordered its 4th multi-module, 4-laser MetalFAB1 Productivity system. With this, Sauber Engineering not only become the largest customer of Additive Industries with high productivity metal 3D printing capacity in stainless steel, aluminium and titanium, it also underlines the ambition of Sauber Engineering to become #1 European supplier in industrial 3D metal printing. Please read the press release and see the pictures below:
- Press Release F1 team of Alfa Romeo Racing strengthen Technology Partnership with Additive Industries
- Picture of Christoph Hansen, Head of Technical Development at Sauber Engineering AG next to MetalFAB1
- Picture of Alfa Romeo Racing race car Technology Partnership
- Press Release from Alfa Romeo Racing