The Sauber F1 Team has officially taken delivery of their first MetalFAB1 system as part of the three-year technology partnership. Additive Industries founders Jonas Wintermans and Daan Kersten handed over the industrial additive manufacturing system to Axel Kruse, Production Director, and Christoph Hansen, Chief Wind Tunnel Production, from Sauber Motorsport AG. Having over 10 years of experience in Additive Manufacturing in plastics, the Sauber F1 Team is now expanding its 3D printing competences and capabilities to metals. The investment in two MetalFAB1 systems allows them to reduce their cycle time in manufacturing of innovative parts for their own wind tunnel models, F1 race cars as well as third-party business. Please read the full Press Release below, the pictures from the official handover can be found below as well.
- Additive Industries' PR The Sauber F1 Team accelerates 3D metal printing with MetalFAB1
- Sauber F1 Team's PR The Sauber F1 Team accelerates 3D-metal printing
- Group picture MetalFAB1 handover the Sauber F1 Team & Additive Industries From left to right: Ronnie van Grotel (Service Engineer, Additive Industries), Irina Schatorjé (Marketing Manager, Additive Industries), Axe Kruse (Production Director, Sauber Motosport AG), Christoph Hansen (Chief Wind Tunnel Production, Sauber Motorsport AG), Daan Kersten (co-founder/CEO, Additive Industries), Jonas Wintermans (co-founder/COO, Additive Industries), Pascal Picci (Chairman, Sauber Holding AG), Frederik Ulfsäter (Advisor to the board, Sauber Motorsport AG), Martijn Hamers (Manager Customer Lifecycle Support, Additive Industries), Steffen Schrodt (Head of Wind Tunnel Operations, Sauber Motorsport AG), Enrico Brunner (Manufacturing Operator, Sauber Motorsport AG), Marco Gehrig (Leader Metal AM, Sauber Motorsport AG), Marcelo Orchis (Partnership Manager, Sauber Motorsport AG)
- Picture MetalFAB1 handover From left to right: Daan Kersten (co-founder/CEO, Additive Industries) & Pascal Picci (Chairman, Sauber Holding AG)
- Picture MetalFAB1 at Sauber Motorsport AG