Together with its industrial design partner VanBerlo, Additive Industries has won the prestigious Red Dot Award for their industrial 3D metal printing system MetalFAB1. For this first integrated additive manufacturing machine for high-end metal parts, VanBerlo designed the cutting edge exterior reflecting both the advanced technology and industrial character. The design strengthens the substantially improved performance of the system in aspects like reproducibility, productivity and flexibility.
On Wednesday March 23, Erik de Bruijn, Co-founder of Ultimaker and Chairman of the Jury announced the winners of the Additive World Design for Additive Manufacturing Challenge 2016. From a group of 47 contestants, both professionals and students, 3 finalists were selected per category. After the presentation of all finalists to the Jury, two winners were selected that succeeded best at achieving the assignment to make a new design or redesign an existing product for additive manufacturing.
- Press Release Winners Design for Additive Manufacturing Challenge 2016 (English)
- Persbericht Winnaars Design for Additive Manufacturing Challenge 2016 (Nederlands)
- Jury and Winners Professional Category (Team AtoS AM Engineering)
- Winners Professionals Category Team AtoS AM Engineering: Elvira León (left), Javier Buhigas (right)
- 'Aerospace integrated bearing' from team AtoS AM Engineering
- Jury and Winner Student Category (the University of Nottingham)
- Winner Student Category Cassidy Silbernagel (the University of Nottingham)
- 'Motor casing' Cassidy Silbernagel
On Wednesday March 9th, Additive Industries announced the finalists of Additive World Design for Additive Manufacturing Challenge 2016. From a group of 47 contestants, both professionals and students, 3 finalists were selected per category. Please read the press release below:
Airbus APWorks, a 100 % subsidiary of the Airbus Group, has placed an order with Additive Industries for their first industrial 3D metal printing system, MetalFAB1. Airbus APWorks is the first confirmed Beta customer for Additive Industries and brings a broad range of experience with metal additive manufacturing.
Press release Airbus APWorks (English)