Additive Industries is accelerating industrial additive manufacturing of high end functional metal components by offering a modular metal 3D printing system to high-end and demanding industrial markets. With market leading printing productivity, machine utilization, and part quality, Additive Industries redefines the business case for additive manufacturing applications in aviation, space, automotive, energy and high-tech markets.
Additive Industries is growing fast. We are therefore scaling our global commercial field organization to manage our existing customer base and to address the business potential ahead of us. The multidisciplinary Customer Lifecycle Support (CLS) team is responsible for all service and support activities within Additive Industries, from system handover by the production team, installation of our metal 3D printing machines at customer sites, periodic maintenance and end-of-life arrangements.
The Service and Support Manager North America leads the regional CLS team in the United States and develops strategy for long-term customer satisfaction and profitable growth. You will establish and maintain relationships with our customers in the region and make sure that all our systems are up and running above and beyond the customers’ expectations. You understand that a well-prepared execution of system installations, upgrades, replacements and maintenance is key to maximize the value of the Additive Industries’ metal additive manufacturing system. Preparations will start with the factory acceptance test of the system where you will cooperate with the production team. Your team is coordinating from handover of the MetalFAB1 from operations to the CLS team, de-installing and executing the system installation and setup at the customer’s facilities. The installation is completed with a site acceptance test and a training for our customer’s operators and technicians. After a successful installation, continuous condition monitoring, maintenance, performance evaluation, diagnosis, upgrades and problem solving are an important part of the team’s responsibilities.
As a Service and Support Manager North America you will be working closely together with the local sales team in North America, as well as the CLS EMEA and R&D teams located at our headquarters in Eindhoven, The Netherlands. You share our passion of defining and realizing the best 3D printing solutions for our most demanding customers.
- Provide guidance, direction, and leadership to all staff members in the North America CLS organization to ensure a consistent and effective field service operation
- Mentor and develop direct reports. Listen, support, engage and encourage employee suggestions and input to achieve excellent results. Build a strong and engaged team.
- Supervise all aspects of the employment process: selection of personnel for employment, coaching and development, promotions, transfers, performance management, etc.
- Ensures that service revenue and profit objectives are being met while achieving the highest possible level of customer satisfaction
- Responsible for effectiveness of the CLS organization, which includes customer issue resolution lead time, system availability (uptime) and employee satisfaction
- Planning of tools and human resources for installations, repairs and periodic maintenance
- Coordinating new MetalFAB1 system and new product installations in close cooperation with the Additive Industries team in The Netherlands
- Taking ownership of top customer issues to ensure high level of response time and proper issue resolution including escalation to achieve right involvement
- Identifying opportunities for improvements and collaborate together with the global teams to bring processes, ways of working and the service team to the next level. Additive Industries is a young company. A hands-on / can-do attitude is required to drive improvements
- Negotiating and closing service contracts in accordance to internal guidelines.
- Close cooperation with the sales and the back offices to ensure the successful execution of all orders and contracts.
- Scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact
- Demonstrate and exemplify professional and impactful standards in relation to all written and verbal communications with customers.
- Ensures that customer records and files are maintained in our databases
- Oversees and manages the North America CLS budget expenses to meet the financial objectives and proactively seeks opportunities to drive improvement of the operating results
- Makes budgetary recommendations on capital expenditures and labour requirements
- Leads North America Field Service Performance Indicators (KPI) Review each month. Identifies gaps and implements countermeasures. Analyse metrics and customer-centric data to develop improvement strategy in accordance with the company framework
- Delivers monthly, quarterly, and ad-hoc reporting
- Performs all job duties within ISO standards, regulatory or statutory requirements. Ensure that all staff handles transactions in accordance with defined procedures and standards.
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time to meet with customers and make visits to Additive Industries headquarters in the Netherlands
The Service and Support Manager North America reports to the Global Customer Lifecycle Support Manager
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in mechanical-, electrical or industrial engineering
- Minimum 5 years high performance service management experience with increasing responsibilities in a high-tech capital goods environment
- Proven people management skills with experience in building and developing high performing teams
- Is structured, organized, analytical and process oriented
- Commercial business acumen with an ability to recognize and capitalize on service revenue growth opportunities
- Successful and demonstrable track record in building long term customer relationships
- Owns results, is persistent and goes the extra mile
- Effective communicator (verbal, written and presentation), with a demonstrated ability to influence through a straight-forward style of communication.
- Ability to understand, analyse and assimilate complex issues, draw correct conclusions, and formulate clear strategy.
- Creative and commercial mind-set, ability to build effective relationships and operate in a broad range of functional areas in a team environment.
- Strong capability to create a clear vision and to build mutual trust with the team and other departments. Acts as a positive role model.
- Demonstrate passion and excitement with a strong ability to inspire optimal performance from team members and to help bring out their strongest talents
- Ability to lead change efforts, to deal with uncertainty and ambiguity, to exert influence and to take action by strong decision making ability. Adaptable and prepared to question the status quo, challenge processes and look to implement improvements.
- Experience with ERP (e.g. Business Central) is preferred
Additive Industries is a young and fast-growing professional organization. We have developed a strong pragmatic team attitude in which we work and experiment together in achieving our joint goals. We are looking for a broad range of people with diverse backgrounds to join our organization. We have formulated the following personal traits contributing to our company culture:
- Open, self-confident and result oriented
- Driven by challenges, eager to learn and entrepreneurial in outlook
- Proven team player who takes ownership
- Thrives when working under the pressure of deadlines
- Professional and well organized, ‘fun to work with’
The role profile of Service and Support Manager North America and its responsibilities are not exhaustive, and it may be required to undertake other duties of similar level and responsibility based on the organization’s needs.
Acquisition by (recruitment) agencies is not appreciated.