Additive Industries is accelerating industrial additive manufacturing of high end functional metal components by offering a modular metal 3D printing system to high-end and demanding industrial markets. With market leading printing productivity, machine utilization, and part quality, Additive Industries redefines the business case for additive manufacturing applications in aviation, space, automotive, energy and high-tech markets.
Additive Industries is growing fast. We are therefore scaling our global sales organization to address the shear business potential and manage all opportunities ahead of us, as well as manage existing strategic accounts. As a Sales Director your main role is to acquire targeted customers and win new opportunities and repeat sales with existing customers. You are responsible for the complete project life cycle including system sales. You will visit (potential) customers, give demonstrations of the system and software and manage the decision making process. You uncover the opportunities to move protypes into production and manage the part lifecycle from design to material property characterization to part qualification utilizing the Additive Industries Process and Application Development Centers. Moreover, you are managing the relationship with our customers together with the Manager Customer Lifecycle Support to ensure continuous user feedback, R&D input and identification of follow-up sales.
With a technical / commercial background in the aforementioned market verticals where powder bed fusion parts are in transition to production, you are eager to drive a consultative and technical selling approach. You are a self-starter with a passion for selling and entrepreneurship, well organized and punctual, a good listener and a subject matter expert in the markets Additive Industries targets: aviation, space, energy and high-tech equipment parts. You share our passion of defining and realizing the best 3D printing solutions for our most demanding customers.
- Driving the acquisition of new customers and additional sales with existing customers in Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- Customer relationship management; actively approaching potential customers and follow-up of existing customers through a concise territory operating planning.
- Developing and maintaining close contact with existing and potential customers, understanding their needs through regular communication in order to move prototype part families into series production and maximize customer satisfaction.
- Direct collaboration with Product Management uncovering market intelligence regarding potential customers, applications, system configurations and emerging opportunities as well as developing a thorough understanding of the competition.
- Managing the selling process through a multi-month cycle and having the ability to effectively interact with multiple levels of customer interface including engineering, materials and process, and procurement personnel.
- Developing quotations and managing the sales funnel with the support of our Process & Application Development Team Members.
- Submitting routine status reports on key projects.
- Building financial ROI business cases, defining customized system configurations and presenting cost price calculations based on actual customer part and facility information.
- Generating input for long term product management roadmap based on regional demands and customer requirements.
- Negotiating and closing contracts in accordance to internal guidelines.
- Willingness to travel minimum 40% - 50% of time
The Sales Director DACH reports to the Sr. Director Sales EMEA
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, industrial engineering or material science. A Master’s degree would be desirable. Other degrees considered with commensurate work experience.
- At least 5 to 10 years of successful sales experience in aerospace, space, automotive, high tech and energy markets, preferably with Additive Manufacturing equipment.
- Highly developed commercial and business acumen with an ability to recognize growth opportunities and capitalize on them.
- Successful and demonstrable track record in building long term customer relationships, developing sales pipeline and adept at closing deals via consultative sales techniques.
- Effective communicator (verbal, written and presentation), with a demonstrated ability to influence through a straight-forward style of communication.
- Creative and commercial mind-set, ability to build effective relationships and operate in a broad range of functional areas in a team environment.
- Good presentation and negotiating skills are essential.
- Fluent in German and English languages. French would be a plus.
Additive Industries is a young and fast-growing professional organization. We have developed a strong pragmatic team attitude in which we work and experiment together in achieving our joint goals. We are looking for a broad range of people with diverse backgrounds to join our organization. We have formulated the following personal traits contributing to our company culture:
- Open, self-confident and result oriented
- Driven by challenges, eager to learn and entrepreneurial in outlook
- Proven team player who takes ownership
- Thrives when working under the pressure of deadlines
- Professional and well organized, ‘fun to work with’
The role profile of the Sales Director and its responsibilities are not exhaustive, and it may be required to undertake other duties of similar level and responsibility based on the organization’s needs.
Acquisition by (recruitment) agencies is not appreciated.