Drive quality assurance and continuous improvement to ensure we meet our business targets.
- Drive improvement of our product and processes (including: process landscape / process improvements, product development, supplier quality assurance, product verification and release)
- Responsible for overall customer satisfaction and customer complaint management
- Maintain ISO9001 certification, stay in tune with our customers’ regulatory requirements (e.g. AS9100, IATF 16949, ISO13485) and industry standards (e.g. ISO/ASTM 5294)
More specific, you will:
- Lead the company (and specifically new employees) on the Quality Management System and the impact of Quality on our customers and business *)
- Maintain and improve the QMS to ensure it meets our requirements and ISO9001 requirements – together with the process owners and users
- Plan, prepare and perform internal QMS audits and secure follow-up
- Plan, prepare and support external QMS audits (TÜV, ISO9001) and secure follow-up
- Own, manage and monitor the following (QMS core) processes:
- Change and Document Control
- Manage and execute Quality sign-off (‘release’) of newly built systems (including reviewing SQD, FAT report, deviations etc.) *)
- Sign off on customer specific offerings *)
- Own Customer issue and complaint resolution process
- Qualify and prioritize issues in the technical issue resolution process (especially ‘blocking’ issues)
- Support and train Tiger Teams to ensure fast and structured problem solving
- Sign off for de-escalation and closure **)
- With CLS, P&AD and OPS - select structural issues for ‘Program for released Products (PreP) to resolve *)
- Measure effectiveness of issue resolution programs
- Owner of overall customer satisfaction
- Monitor customer satisfaction (a.o. via weekly customer satisfaction meeting, business reviews)
- Ensure appropriate resolutions are being put in place – either via technical issue resolution, NC/CAPA or separately planned activities.
- This includes Customer Complaint Management (through NC/CAPA) **)
- New Product Development and Engineering Change:
- Own the PCP (Product Creation Process) and Engineering Change processes from Quality perspective
- Together with project and change owners – select the applicable deliverables for each project and change from PCP **)
- Train and coach the engineers to think with Quality perspective
- Sign off at PCP toll gates and changes (especially for quality risks and quality of deliverables) **)
- Support “Sourcing” - Sign off supplier selection **)
- Support “Supplier Performance Control” program **)
- Plan, prepare, execute and follow up on the annual QMS Management Review
- Overall responsible for Quality Team (e.g. Quality Engineer):
- Develop and maintain annual Team Plan
- Develop and maintain 5 year plan
- Develop KPIs and manage progress versus plans
- Performance management (goal setting, mid-year review, annual review)
- Recruitment, selection and on-boarding of new team members
- Investigate and report to MT on relevant regulatory changes with respect to quality management system or industry standards **)
*) to be improved / formalized
**) to be started / implemented
Reports directly to the CEO.
What is important in this role?
- Wide quality experience: customer centric, product development, production, supplier quality assurance, QMS
- Smart: seeing the big picture, strategic view, critical path, zooms out, draw vision and roadmap
- Communicator: easily connects and communicates with our Technology Team, Service & Support Engineers, suppliers and customers.
- Fact-based. Problem solving. Six sigma.
- Can-do attitude, pragmatic, cooperative, fitting in a scale-up – i.e. not the Quality Police