Additive Industries is accelerating industrial additive manufacturing by offering a modular 3D printing system and seamlessly integrated information platform to high-end and demanding industrial markets. With substantially improved reproducibility, productivity, and flexibility, Additive Industries redefines the business case for additive manufacturing applications in aerospace, automotive, medical technology and high-tech equipment.
Additive Industries is growing fast since its metal additive manufacturing system MetalFAB1 is well received in the market. Therefore there is a growing need to professionalize the internal processes and organization. The Quality manager should drive improvement and is accountable for the development, implementation and maintenance of Additive Industries’ quality management system as well as manufacturing and vendor quality.
With your personal, flexible approach you drive and take ownership of quality and continuous improvement at Additive Industries.
Quality management system
- Lead the creation and implementation of the best practice quality vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to support and improve operational performance.
- Develop and maintain procedures, jointly with other functional areas, and implement an effective Quality Management System.
- Ensure that the organization’s Quality Management System (QMS) conforms to customer, internal and regulatory/legal requirements.
- Keep up on standards, regulations/laws, issues, and news with respect to product (service) quality.
- Drive continuous improvement activities in quality, cycle times, process improvement, machine availability through lean techniques and value engineering to enhance the capability of existing processes and remove waste.
Quality Assurance & Quality Control
- Manufacturing quality assurance and control, assuring reliability and performance of manufacturing processes.
- Supplier Quality Assurance (SQA); Ensure evaluation of, and reporting on, vendor quality systems (incl. audits).
- Quality assurance and control related to incoming materials.
- Quality assurance and control related to product recall and critical Field Change Orders (FCOs).
- Responsible for accuracy and timely inspection/calibration of monitoring and measuring devices.
- Drive validation plans to ensure robust and comprehensive technical solutions.
- Lead investigation of customer issues and complaints relating to quality.
Audits and Management reporting
- Audit the Quality System and serve as a focal point for external audits.
- Report to the Management Team on the performance of the QMS (e.g. results of quality audits, corrective actions), including the need for improvement and conducting periodic management review meetings.
Reports directly to the Manager Quality & Business Improvement. Works in conjunction with Development, Production, Procurement and any other team that has an effect on the quality of organization’s products.
Knowledge and experience
- Strategic vision on how quality management fits in the organization .
- Able to implement quality management in a highly dynamic and flexible organization.
- Bachelor degree or higher in Technology Management, Industrial Engineering, Technical Business Administration or similar and certificates in Quality education.
- At least 10 years of experience in a regulated industrial manufacturing environment.
- Experience in a highly regulated environment (e.g. aerospace) is a pre
- Experience with setting up and implementation of a Quality Management System.
- Line management experience in small to medium sized teams.
- Knowledge and experience with use of quality tools and approaches like FMEA, Control Plans, PDCA, Problem Solving, Six Sigma. Experience with Lean Manufacturing and Production Engineering is a must.
- Structured, analytical, process oriented, hands-on.
- Customer focus mindset.
- Fluent in Dutch and English, both verbally and in writing.
- Team player with a positive attitude and strong communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel).
Additive Industries is a young and fast growing professional organization. We have developed a strong pragmatic team attitude in which we work and experiment together in achieving our joint goals. We are looking for a broad range of people with diverse backgrounds to join our organization. We have formulated the following personal traits contributing to our company culture: ·
- Open, self-confident and result oriented.
- Driven by technical challenges, eager to learn and equipped with an entrepreneurial mind.
- Proven team player who takes ownership Professional, structured and ‘Fun to work with’