05 January, 2023
Additive Industries is a fresh, young and quickly maturing company, developing and manufacturing large-scale industrial 3D metal printers for high-quality metal parts. It offers a modular system named MetalFAB, specifically aimed at high-end and demanding markets such as aerospace, automotive, energy and high-tech equipment. Headquartered in the Netherlands, Additive Industries is a global key player in large volume metal printing systems.
We currently have two positions for a system engineer to strengthen both our Research & Development team as well as our Engineering team. Our product creation process is based on the principles of the V-model, where the system engineer will be responsible on a system function level.
As a system engineer you will be operating on both sides of the V-model, meaning that in the first place you will be responsible for defining functional requirements and design specifications, for one (or more) system functions of our MetalFAB system. You will provide input towards higher system level specifications and to lower level module specifications and will be working closely together with our system architects, mechanical designers and software developers.
Secondly you will be also responsible for the integration process of (sub)modules, functions or systems, involving both hard- and software. You will define functional test specifications, execute or monitor test plans and make sure test results are properly reported. By doing so, you will realize and verify the required functional performance, as well as continue to build up knowledge and experience of these system functions including proper product documentation.
Lastly you will also support the trouble shooting and issue resolution process when issues occur with released products, related to your system function responsibility.
Main ingredients for a successful performance are:
- Translating system requirements to functional requirements
- Define design concepts and trade-offs based on functional requirements
- Integration and testing of developed systems, functionalities or modules
- Documenting your work during all phases of the product creation process
- Ability to work in iterative manner, both on conceptual as well as detailed level
The System Engineer will report either to the team manager R&D or to the team manager Engineering, depending on availability of the position and best fit.
Knowledge and experienceEducation:
- Bachelor or Master degree in Mechanical Engineering, Control Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics or similar.
- At least 3 years of experience with complex mechatronic modules and/or systems, preferably in a high-tech environment
- Experience with defining requirements and design specifications
- Experience with the process of integration, defining and executing test plans including reporting
- Experience with system analysis software packages (e.g. MATLAB, Python)
- Familiar with product development according to the V-model
- Strong analytical qualities and a structured approach
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluent in English
We have developed a strong pragmatic team mentality in which we work and experiment together to achieve common goals. Therefor we are looking for a wide diversity of people coming from different backgrounds to join our organization. We have formulated the following personal traits contributing to our professional mentality:
- Open, confident and result driven
- Driven by technical challenges, eager to learn and entrepreneurial
- Proven team player who takes ownership
- Professional and structured
- Demonstrates team membership