Service & Support Engineer (Los Angeles Area, USA)
06 January, 2023
Additive Industries is accelerating industrial additive manufacturing by offering a modular 3D printing system and seamlessly integrated information platform to high-end and demanding industrial markets. With substantially improved reproducibility, productivity, and flexibility, Additive Industries redefines the business case for additive manufacturing applications in aerospace, energy, automotive, and high-tech equipment.
Additive Industries North America, Inc. (Additive Industries) is looking for an Experienced Service and Support Engineer based in Southern California in the Los Angeles area to join the Additive Industries’ Customer Lifecycle Support (CLS) Team. Our multi-disciplinary team is responsible for all service and support activities within Additive Industries from system handover by the production team until end-of-life arrangements with our customers within the U.S. The CLS Team is an important interface between the customer and the Additive Industries team (research and development, marketing, and sales).
- Organize and execute successful installations at customer site resulting in final acceptance
- Provide general training to customers’ operators and technicians
- Provide 1st-line support of Additive Industries’ products remotely and when needed on site
- Identify machine and process issues, diagnose root cause and propose/implement an appropriate solution, evaluate, diagnose, and problem resolution
- Provide support to customers with preventive and corrective maintenance
- Install and monitor remote support tools and issue tracking processes
- Capable of working well remotely
- Willing to travel up to 80% of the time
- Excellent social, written, and verbal communication skills
- Commercial acumen
- Stress resistant
- Coordinate shipments to the customers
- Complete customer site surveys, execute system installations, upgrades, setup at the customers’ facilities, conduct site acceptance tests (SAT), and provide training for our customers’ operators and technicians
- Need to be able to perform system diagnostics of electrical, mechanical, and software systems. This may include creating test procedures to eliminate or confirm component failure.
The Service and Support Engineer reports to the Manager Customer Lifecycle Support in the U.S.
Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Control- or Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Industrial Automation, or similar. Other degrees considered with commensurate work experience.
Due to ITAR requirements, only U.S. persons will be considered.
Experience servicing high-tech systems desired using tools and diagnostic instruments, including but not limited to the following:
- Hands-on field service experience, preferably with additive manufacturing equipment
- Proficient in troubleshooting at PLC, pneumatics, electrical, and optical systems
- High-tech machinery experience preferred
- Experience using Windows and remote assistance tools
- Familiar with the terms OOE, MTBF, FAT, SAT, design for testability, assembly, and serviceability
- Customer Relation Management Software (CRM), e.g., Microsoft Dynamics
- Proven skills in information retrieval, analytical thinking, and troubleshooting
- Experience and discipline to write technical reports daily to various stakeholders in the organization
- Practical experience in providing training to end-users
- Experience with Beckhoff PLC software is an advantage
Additive Industries Culture
Additive Industries has developed a strong pragmatic team attitude in which we work and experiment together in achieving our joint goals. We are looking for a broad range of professionals with diverse backgrounds to join our organization.
If you have the following personal traits that can contribute to our company culture, we want to hear from you. They are:
- Open, self-confident, and result oriented
- Driven by technical challenges, eager to learn, and entrepreneurial
- Proven team player who takes ownership
- Professional and structured
- ‘Fun to work with’