Lead/Senior System Architect
Additive Industries is accelerating industrial additive manufacturing by offering a modular 3D printing system and seamlessly integrated information platform to high-end and demanding industrial markets. With substantially improved reproducibility, productivity, and flexibility, Additive Industries redefines the business case for additive manufacturing applications. Our customers include cutting edge companies in the space, aerospace, automotive, and high-tech equipment markets around the world.
Additive Industries is looking for a Senior System Architect within the R&D team. In a multidisciplinary team you play a leading role in developing next generation 3D metal printers and performance upgrades of our existing MetalFAB. You will contribute to the technology and product roadmaps by defining the user requirements for new developments and converting these product requirements into system requirements and a system design. Together with the project manager you will drive the product development process until release for volume.
You have a key role in development projects as you define the project in work packages and assign technical ownership at system level. You are also familiar with outsourcing development and engineering, and take this into account in the system architecture. With your excellent communication skills you steer both team members as well as our strategic development partners. You will keep a close line relationship with the CTO, line and project managers about estimated efforts, resources and budget.
- You are technical responsible for the development and engineering of new products and upgrades to existing products until release for volume
- Contributing in defining the user requirements
- Decomposing user requirements to system requirements (SRS) and system design (SDS)
- You will incorporate new functionality and technology roadmap items into the MetalFAB
- Drive the product development process, technical discussions and design reviews
- You will supervise that the test and system integration runs smoothly
- Successful transferring the product to the operations team
- You will coach and steer the project team
- Contributing to decomposing the project in work packages
- You will be responsible for assigning and staffing of technical ownership at system level.
- You will keep the line and project managers up to date on effort estimates and resources
- You will coach and steer team members
- Report design status to management and team
- Depending on experience, manage other architects within the team
- Support the quality and process improvement within R&D enabling a lean and efficient way of working for the whole team
- Contribute to the definition of the product and technology roadmap, and driving proposals for product improvements
The Senior System Architect will report to the CTO.
Knowledge and experience
- Master in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics or Computer Science
- 10+ years of experience and demonstrated leadership in a high-tech production industry
- Proven track record in development and industrialisation of high tech equipment
- Solid system architecture experience in a complex multidisciplinary environment
- Knowledge of mechatronics, software, electronics, mechanics and optics gives a competitive edge
- You are able to balance quality, cost and time to market
- You have strong analytical skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and make critical decisions
- You are able to keep a helicopter view while keeping an eye on important technical details
- You are familiar with state-of-the-art development techniques
- You are pro-active and result-driven
- Proven team management skills with excellent social, coordination and communication skills (Dutch and English)
Culture Additive Industries
Additive Industries is a young and quickly maturing professional organization. We have developed a strong pragmatic team mentality in which we work and experiment together to achieve common goals. We are looking for a wide diversity of people coming from different backgrounds to join our organization. We have formulated the following personal traits contributing to our professional mentality:
- Open, confident and result driven
- Driven by technical challenges, eager to learn and entrepreneurial
- Proven Team player who takes ownership
- Professional and structured
- Demonstrates team membership