Customer Support Engineer
Additive Industries is accelerating industrial additive manufacturing of high-end functional metal components by offering a modular metal 3D printing system to high-end and demanding industrial markets. With market leading printing productivity, machine utilization, and part quality, Additive Industries redefines the business case for additive manufacturing applications in aviation, space, automotive, energy and high-tech markets.
We share our passion of defining and realizing the best 3D printing solutions for our high-end customers like Alfa Romeo/Sauber F1, Volkswagen and the Kaak Group.
Additive Industries is a young and fast-growing professional organization. We have developed a strong pragmatic team attitude in which we work and experiment together in achieving our joint goals. We are looking for a broad range of people with diverse backgrounds to join our organization. We have formulated the following personal traits contributing to our company culture:
- Open, self-confident and result oriented
- Driven by technical challenges, eager to learn and equipped with an entrepreneurial mind
- Proven team player who takes ownership
- Professional, structured and ‘Fun to work with’
Additive Industries is growing fast since its metal additive manufacturing system MetalFABG2 is well received in the market. We are searching for a Customer Support Engineer to join the Additive Industries’ team. In this role you will make sure that the 3D printing system MetalFABG2 is aligned and build according to the customer requirements. You will be responsible for all levels of integration of modules on the production floor. You will have the first level of responsibility to solve any problems on module or system level and when needed you will involve other stakeholders. As a next step you will (occasionally) travel to customers to support the Customer Lifecycle Support Team. The Customer Lifecycle Support Team is responsible for all service and support activities within Additive Industries, from system handover by the production team until end-of-life arrangements at our customers.
- Integrate modules into a functioning system in accordance with the specifications
- Analyse and interpret mechanical, optical, electrical, electronic, pneumatic and software test results and identify and remedy failures
- Record output of test results
- Collaborate with colleagues from various internal teams and professional communication towards (internal) customers
- Provide 1st line support of Additive Industries’ products, internally and remotely and when needed on site
- Provide support to (internal) customers with preventive, periodic and corrective maintenance
- Travel to customers (abroad) (in the first year <10%, afterwards to be discussed (30-50%)
- Commercial acumen
- Stress resistant
- Fluent in English, knowledge of Dutch, German and/or French language in word and writing is considered an advantage
The Customer Support Engineer reports to the Manager Operations.
Knowledge and experience
Bachelor’s degree (or vocational 6+ years’ experience with proven track record) in Mechanical Engineering, Control- or Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Industrial Automation or similar.
- Experience with high tech systems and specifically hands-on experience with installing and/or servicing high tech systems
- Basic knowledge of control technology and electrical systems
- Familiar with the terms FAT, SAT, design for testability, assembly and serviceability
- Proven skills in information retrieval, analytical thinking and troubleshooting
- Experience and discipline to write technical reports on a daily basis to various stakeholders in the organization
- Experience with Beckhoff PLC software is an advantage
- Structured, analytical, process oriented
- Customer focus mindset
- Hands-on mentality and eye for details