AM Process and Application Engineer (Bristol, UK)
05 January, 2023
Additive Industries is accelerating industrial additive manufacturing by offering a modular additive manufacturing system and seamlessly integrated information platform to high-end and demanding industrial markets. With substantially improved reproducibility, productivity, and flexibility, Additive Industries redefines the business case for additive manufacturing applications in aerospace, automotive, medical technology and high-tech equipment
Additive Industries is looking for a Process & Application Engineer to join our Process & Application Development team in our Eindhoven Headquarters. To support our customers, we develop the build process parameters for various materials, develop new applications specific to customers’ requirements and provide solutions for process simulation and monitoring.
The Process & Application Engineer will develop robust process parameters and specific application development. Together with our Head of Process development you will set up a test plan for a specific material. You will not only define the process test to perform, but also how you will evaluate the results, like material characteristics and geometric precision. You then execute this test plan by operating the MetalFAB1 to print samples, and test the printed samples in accordance to the expected specifications.
Furthermore you will work with customers developing specific applications for the customers’ needs that utilise the MetalFAB1 to its fullest potential. This can involve the full process chain including Design for AM, build set up, parameter development, and post processing.
The ingredients for a successful performance are in sum:
- Setting up test plans
- Execution the process development and testing in a structured and precise manner
- Operating the 3D metal printer to print samples and products
- Setting up the required test infrastructure and experimental setups
- Analyzing experimental results and drafting conclusions
- Documenting all test activities
- Interface directly with customers and communicate effectively around technical aspects of process and application development
- Defining the additive manufacturing build strategy and post processing steps
- Preparation and realization of the product design on the MetalFAB1 systems
The AM Process and Application Engineer reports to the Head of Process development.
Knowledge and experience
- Bachelor or Master in Material Science, Physics or Mechanical Engineering
- Pragmatic and hands-on mentality
- Analytically strong and systematic problem-solving mentality
- Experience with laser metal processing is a plus
- 0-3 years practical experience with application or process development
Additive Industries is a young and quickly maturing professional organization. We have developed a strong pragmatic team mentality in which we work and experiment together to achieve common goals. We are looking for a wide diversity of people coming from different backgrounds to join our organization. We have formulated the following personal traits contributing to our professional mentality:
- Open, confident and result driven
- Driven by technical challenges, eager to learn and entrepreneurial
- Proven Team player who takes ownership
- Professional and structured
- ‘Fun to work with’